About Me

My photo
Harrisburg, NC, United States
UK transplant living in the US with husband and 2 beautiful US bred children.

Friday, April 23, 2010

What a week for the Bowden Clan......

Boy where do I start this week has been crazy for all the Bowden clan......

It first started Monday when we found out Nannie and Grandad were not flying home as scheduled due to the volcano in Iceland and the volcanic ash drifting over England, all flights grounded. The next available flight we got them booked on was April 28 ANOTHER 9 DAYS!!!!!! I was excited with the news has I hadn't really had time to enjoy them as Papa and I had a vacation while they babysat and then they left for a vacation. Monday day off from work turned into lunch at Papa's new restaurant with Bambeano, Nannie & Grandad and then military operation to try and get Nannie's medication filled due to the the unexpected extended vacation....

Yesterday it was "Bring your Sons and Daughters to work Day" it is a National program that companies can decide to participate in. Thankfully mine does and Boo Boo has finally reached the age that is required. She was assigned into 5 classes for each department to teach and educate the children to help them develop themselves for the future. The theme for this year is 1 Youth, 1 Dream, 2Morrow’s Leader. Boo Boo had the opportunity of visiting Marketing & Culinary (of course this had to be an added topic given Papa's background in culinary) where she learnt about foods, spices and watched "a funny dancing man" (I learnt it was one of my fellow English transplants who was trying to entertain the kids).

Her next class was Treasury, my department, when we taught the children about credit cards, expense audit (my world), cash management and accounts receivable and tied it all into a kid's jeopardy game. Next onto lunch I really enjoyed having lunch with Boo Boo, it was a whole lot different than going to school and meeting her at her lunch time. Lunch was followed by Boo Boo's next class IT (Information Technology) Boo Boo really excels in computers she is very techy savvy and they learnt how to build a website. Boo Boo finished with HR (Human Resources) and Communications (where she learnt about logos and visual recognition.

All in all I think she had a very fun filled day and I think after about the 3rd group of children I entertained/taught my ears were ringing from the shouting in jeopardy game they all did. Thankfully I only had 4 groups and the 1st slot I actually was able to get back to my desk and get SOME work done.

now onto the week end.....another Saturday soccer filled day in which hopefully Bambeano will be able to get to play :)

No comments:

Post a Comment