About Me

My photo
Harrisburg, NC, United States
UK transplant living in the US with husband and 2 beautiful US bred children.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Living my life..... with dire consequences

So yesterday I had to work a little later than usual and Papa was on point to get the kids from day care and after school. When I returned home about 6.20 pm the house was amazingly quiet, Papa was cooking and the kids were nowhere to be seen.

I asked Papa where the kids were and he said in time out, oh boy what in the world happened I thought to myself. Papa is the cool and collective out of the two of us so they must have done something real bad.

So the story begins.......Papa picked the kids up and decided to take them to CVS to purchase the silly bands (a bracelet turn shape craze that kids are currently in) on reaching CVS there were 2 buckets with the packets of bracelets..... One marked $2.99 and the other $4.99. Of course both Boo Boo and Bambeano went straight for the $4.99. Papa explained he was only buying $2.99 and that they should put the others back, Bambeano complied but BooBoo on the other hand went crazy, screaming, stomping her feet, pouting and completely defiant (I know hard to believe but I tell you this girl can have tantrums like you wouldn't believe).

Finally after much discussion in the store, Papa got a responding "FINE THEN" from BooBoo who proceeded to throw the packet in the tub and storm off someone else in the store (she knows the rule she cannot leave a store so at least that didn't happen). Meanwhile Papa who gets mortified at any public drama tried to defuse the situation by negotiating with BooBoo and proceeding to the tills with 2 packets (one for BooBoo and one for Bambeano) ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! After that outburst with me she would have got ZILCH

Oh but let me tell you it didn't stop there. Papa started to pay and Bambeano, who closer to the till and started to pick both packets which resulted in BooBoo thinking he was taking both so she started a full scale fight with her brother in the store. (Knowing Papa's mortifying state in any public attention I can just about imagine his face when he was telling me all this that I was trying oh so hard not to laugh)

After trying to break up the fight he left CVS with NO bracelets and canceled the order.......

Welcome to my world honey this, while not such as extreme, is a reoccurring event when I collect the kids especially if they cannot play outside and release some of the excitement/energy

No comments:

Post a Comment