About Me

My photo
Harrisburg, NC, United States
UK transplant living in the US with husband and 2 beautiful US bred children.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Snow in the Summer?????

Last week end was Labor Day and so for the long week end Bombshell thought it would be a good day to go to the Mountains last Sunday and get the kids out of the house, me not so hot on the idea as I was surviving on 5 hours sleep after having a girls night of drinking and a friends house.

I got back home with plans to crawl back into bed but Bombshell had other ideas and thought it would be good to go the mountains.  You see the day before we were in the foothills (basically half way to the mountains) with Boo Boo's soccer game so I guess we caught the bug.

With no time to prepare with rustled the kids to get ready so we could get on the road.  Bambeano rushed upstairs to get dressing and while I was busy pulling out t-shirts and shorts he decided to pick out his snow pants.......Bambeano what are you doing it is summer!!!!!  Bambeano was adamant he needed his snow pants as the mountains had snow.....I told him it was still summer and it would be sunny.....a battle ensued.

Finally I convinced him that a sweater would do and we should get a move on to get on the road.

We made it to Grandfather Mountain with a chillier temperature and little rain it still did not dampen the fun we had and I actually was glad Bombshell convinced me it was a great idea for a impromptu road trip :)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment