About Me

My photo
Harrisburg, NC, United States
UK transplant living in the US with husband and 2 beautiful US bred children.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

We had a visitor last night.......

My baby Bambeano lost his first tooth yesterday while at school.  He was so excited which was funny considering the change of events from last Thursday when we first realized his tooth was loose.

Back on Thursday Bambeano was excited to show me he had not one but two loose teeth, his front bottom two.  One was considerably on it's way to falling out more than the other and I asked Bambeano if he wanted me to pull it out.  He responded with both hands over his mouth shaking his head, after trying to convince him it was ok and the tooth fairy would come, he still wouldn't have any of it.  Now don't think I am some sadistic mother I just wanted it to come out in the safety of home and also prevent Bambeano for having a full day distracttion by wiggling it all day.

Still no convincing.  Boo Boo appeared and asked us what we were doing.  I proceeded to tell her about the loose teeth and she was so excited she began to tell Bambeano that the tooth fairy leaves money when she takes the tooth........ Bambeano's eyes widen and asked her "How much?" she replied "Like $10".  I nearly died and told her I didn't think it was that much as the tooth fairy had to leave money for all the other children that had lost their teeth.

Well after this Bambeano excitedly turned to me and said "Get them out mummy I want some money tonight"  I tried and tried and it still wasn't budging, we continued over the week end and still nothing. 

Monday came and his teacher was aware of the impending loose tooth as I had emailed her in case he was distracted at school and in case it fell out while at school.  So yesterday I picked him up where he met me at the after school classroom door speaking faster than I could keep up waving a zip lock bag at me.......  I finally grabbed the bag to look and there it was my baby's first tooth.  We got in the car and he excitedly called Papa at work to tell him the news. 

The tooth fairy came and left him $5.00 he was so excited.  Even I was excited at the quick way to get him up this morning ready for school.  Even Boo Boo (who could sleep through an earthquake) ran excitedly into his bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment