About Me

My photo
Harrisburg, NC, United States
UK transplant living in the US with husband and 2 beautiful US bred children.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Brick House.......

So today was Bambeano's 5 year old check up. Papa had the luxury of taking him today and I wish I had been a fly on the wall as the updates I received Papa had my rolling on the floor.....

Firstly Papa as usual was ill prepared and had no insurance card with him, this resulted in a frantic IM (instant message) to me for all the important insurance details, last time I checked Papa was going to the Dr so I could get some work done.

Anyway I was happy to oblige with the details and on to the visit. First up the weighing. 51lb a whopping 90% of his percentile, nothing to worry about except the following 2 boys (about 8 in age) were weighed and weighed in at 50lb. Bambeano's height is at 60-70% of his percentile.

The Dr has no concern of Bambeano being "obese" as he put it. He described Bambeano as "no issues with weight he is just solid built " In Papa's world he is built like a BRICK!!!!

Dr Swetenburg does not anticipate future issues or visits from Bambeano but considers lots of visits to the orthopedic as Bambeano is the type of child to fall down and break something, get back up and break the same thing over and over, GREAT I think should I take out additional health insurance now.

So Bambeano has this knack of potty breaks at the most unusual time and decides to broadcast the worst things, now pee pee he is very discreet saying he needs the bathroom, but #2 is another story this he decides he need to broadcast as needing to go poops. The visit at the Drs was no different. Papa let him off for his business only to discover that Bambeano was not happy with the lingering after smell and proceeded to empty half the can of air freshener that was in the stall. Papa asked him why he sprayed so much air freshener and Bambeano replied "It stinks it, smells like poison ivy"

All in all a very health check up, no shots and just a nasal flu shot, now just to get the rest of the family with flu shots :)

No comments:

Post a Comment